Dallas County Sheriff’s Office
SUNSHINE LAW / RECORDS REQUEST INFO
Our Sunshine Law Policy
WHEREAS, Section 610.023.1, RSMo, provides that a public governmental body is to appoint a custodian to maintain that body’s records and the identity and location of the custodian is to be made available upon request; and
WHEREAS, Section 610.026, RSMo, sets forth that a public governmental body shall provide access to and, upon request, furnish copies of public records; and
WHEREAS, Section 610.028.2, RSMo, provides that a public governmental body shall provide a reasonable written policy in compliance with sections 610.010 to 610.030, RSMo, commonly referred to as the Sunshine Law, regarding the release of information on any meeting, record or vote.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED:
1. That Dana Arnold be and hereby is appointed custodian of the records of Dallas County Sheriff’s Office and that such custodian is located at 204 South Poplar, Buffalo, Missouri 65622.
2. That said custodian shall respond to all requests for access to or copies of a public record within the time period provided by statute except in those circumstances authorized by statute.
3. That the fees to be charged for access to or furnishing copies of records shall be as hereinafter provided:
Fees will be 10 cents per page for paper copies 9 by 14 or smaller, plus an hourly fee for duplicating time not to exceed the average hourly rate of $15.00/per hour for clerical staff of the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office. Research time may be billed at actual cost.
4. That it is the public policy of Dallas County Sheriff’s Office that meetings, records, votes, actions and deliberations of this body shall be open to the public unless otherwise provided by law.
5. That Dallas County Sheriffs Office shall comply with sections 610.010 to 610.030, RSMo, the Sunshine Law, as now existing or hereafter amended.